Claygate Recreation Ground Trust
Claygate Community Clubhouse
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
For the purposes of these conditions, the term HIRER shall mean an individual hirer, or where the hirer is an organisation, the authorised representative. The term PREMISES shall mean the Treetops space at the Claygate Community Clubhouse. The TRUST shall mean the Claygate Recreation Ground TRUST.
1. For any single booking made within 2 months of the date of hire, the hiring charge shall be payable by THE HIRER at the time of booking the booking. For a booking made 2 months or more ahead of the requested date of hire, a deposit of 50% of the hiring charge shall be payable by the HIRER at the time of booking. The balance being payable on receipt of an invoice from the Trust 2 months ahead of the date of hire. Late payment will attract interest at a rate of 5% per month or part thereof or may result in the booking being cancelled.
2. Regular HIRERS will be able to book periods of hire up to 12 months in advance. An invoice and confirmation will be issued in 2 month blocks in advance of the period of hire. Payment will be required upon receipt of the invoice. Late payment will attract interest at a rate of 5% per month or part thereof or may result in the booking being cancelled. In addition, the Trust requires 6 weeks’ notice for the termination of any regular booking or full payment will be retained for any booking falling within that 6 week notice period.
3. If THE HIRER wishes to cancel the booking up to two weeks before the date of the event the Trust will retain 50% of the hiring charge. Any cancellation in the two weeks prior to the event will result in the forfeit of the full hiring charge.
4. THE HIRER should notify the Trust within 7 days prior to the event if any changes or proposed changes in Covid 19 Laws, Regulations or Guidance would mean that the event can no longer take place. The event will then be cancelled and a full refund will be made by the Trust to the person or organisation that paid for the hire charge.
5. Late payment will attract interest at a rate of 5% per month or part thereof or may result in the booking being cancelled.
6. The Treetops has a maximum capacity of 65 persons. THE HIRER accepts the responsibility to ensure that the maximum capacity is adhered to at ALL times. Failure to do so will result in the required number of persons being asked to leave the venue or the booking being cancelled in order to confirm to the capacity requirement.
7. THE HIRER is to ensure that all COVID -19 laws, regulations and guidance in place at the time of the event are followed in their entirety. The Trust will accept no responsibility for noncompliance.
8.HIRERS booking to hold events for commercial gain are to provide the following documents at the time of initial booking:
Certificate of Public Liability Insurance (min £5m)
Certificate of Qualification (if appropriate)
Any appropriate First Aid accreditations (if appropriate)
A risk assessment with any mitigating action relevant to the activity to be undertaken including proof of DBS checks if appropriate
9. THE HIRER is also to provide at the time of initial booking and prior to the activity taking place an updated COVID -19 risk assessment. The risk assessment should comply with the latest laws, regulations and guidance in force at the time of the activity and as a minimum provide information in line with the following specifications:
Adherence to Social distancing
Max number of participants allowed (including coach/trainer) and how this will be managed
At least 15 minutes between sessions/classes
Appropriate insurance in place for all activities
Use of equipment kept to a minimum (only used if equipment is cleaned before and after use)
Method of collating details for NHS Contact Tracing
Other stipulations as outlined in the guidance provided by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) that can be found at: https://www.cimspa.co.uk/cimspa-news/news-home
10. The Trust reserves the right to cancel this hiring at any time, in which case THE HIRER shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit and/ or hiring charge already paid. The Trust shall not be liable to pay any compensation.
11. In the event of the premises or part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Trust shall not be liable to THE HIRER for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
12. THE HIRER will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the space, the fabric and the contents, their care and protection from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behaviour of all related persons using the premises, including proper supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway.
13. THE HIRER shall indemnify the Trust for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the premises including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the buildings which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
14. A DAMAGE DEPOSIT of £50 will normally be payable on booking. The Trust will return the deposit to the HIRER within 28 days of the end of the period of hire, less the cost of rectifying any damage caused to the premises and/or contents thereof during the period of the hiring, or excess cleaning required as a result of the hiring.
15. THE HIRER shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure.
16. In the use of amplifiers, the level of sound must always be controlled to avoid causing any nuisance to village residents.
17. THE HIRER is to ensure that where appropriate that all Laws, Regulations and guidance
applicable to the playing of music or the staging of live performances is fully complied with.
18. At the end of the hiring, THE HIRER shall be responsible for the leaving the premises in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Trust shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
19. THE HIRER shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises, or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof.
20. THE HIRER will not be permitted to bring or consume their own food or drink including alcoholic anywhere on the premises. The HIRER can however, arrange through prior agreement with the café operator, for food and beverage to be provided by the café for their event at their own additional expense.
21. THE HIRER shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law in relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
22. The HIRER shall not permit smoking or vaping at any time in any part of the building.
23. THE HIRER shall at all times comply with any conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Local Authority, Local Magistrates Court, and Fire Authority and those displayed at the premises. In addition, THE HIRER shall also comply with any statements of risk assessment displayed at the premises.
24. THE HIRER shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner. Any electrical appliances brought onto the premises MUST have been PAT tested within the last 12 months.
25. THE HIRER shall ensure that no dogs except guide dogs are brought into the Clubhouse without prior permission.
26. THE HIRER shall ensure that any activities involving children shall comply with the provisions of The Children Act 1989 and any amendments made thereafter, and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
27. THE HIRER shall ensure that Public Liability Insurance (min £5m) is in place for the hirer’s event if a commercial activity is planned. The Trusts’ own Public Liability Insurance automatically covers many non-profit making activities but should any attendees be there in a commercial capacity e.g. a clown for a children’s party then it is the HIRER’S responsibility to ensure that the attendee has the appropriate accreditation including Public Liability Insurance.
28. Before using the clubhouse space The HIRER should review the premises for health and safety issues, noting the position of the fire exits, the First Aid Box, fire extinguisher and fire blanket. THE HIRER shall ensure that all fire and other exits will not be obstructed.